BALAOAN TOWN PLAZA WELCOME ARCH
The Balaoan Town Plaza Welcome Arch was built on July 04, 1946, after the World War II. It serves as waiting area for travelers taking the public transport from the municipalities of Balaoan, Luna and Santol and some part of the Municipality of Sudipen going to the South. As the old folks say, Balaoan became a stop-over area for travelers from the province of Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte after the World War II and during Martial Law. Because of the imposition of curfew during Martial Law, many Ilocano travelers stopped at Balaoan to take a rest .They will stay at the ground floor of the “Presidencia” or Municipal Hall and at the town plaza for a night before they continue their trip early in the morning.